The South African Agri Academy is a non profit company that has as its strategic intent the achievement of a national and international reputation for client satisfaction and the effectiveness of its training and business services. To achieve this intent, the SA Agri Academy will develop and deliver agricultural programmes and services that:
- Create a positive economic impact
- Offer guidance and support to potential and existing exporters
- Offer training and development programmes according to NQF requirements
- Develop entrepreneurs through a one stop services hub – providing market-information, training and business linkages
- Fostering lifelong learning
- Provide emerging agricultural entrepreneurs an opportunity to gain business-experience through internships.
In fulfilling the above-mentioned strategic intent, the SA Agri Academy has three main objectives which it strives to attain:
- The provision of Market Information: The SA Agri Academy has the capacity to provide secondary market information to existing and potential exporters in both electronic and hard copy format.
- Physical training resulting in capacity building: The SAAA provides various training courses and business advice based on the value chain (from farm to fork). These courses and advice focus on existing and potential exporters. The majority of training programmes are aimed at Black Emerging Farmers (BEF’s) who were assigned land via the Land Reform Act in South Africa.
- Strategic Alliance: The SA Agri Academy develops strategic alliances between SA exporters and international buyers/partners in importing countries. Currently the SA Agri Academy has agreements with various international organizations to assist in the achievement of this objective. The Company is constantly lobbying to increase national and international linkages to ensure that previously disadvantaged individuals successfully gain access to national and international markets.